How to Provide Visibility from Different Perspectives in File Server Management with FOLSEC?
There are some risks that are not seen in file server management for IT units. The biggest risk is the invisible one.
What are the risks?
1. Reporting and management difficulties of permissions in the file server area.
2. Dis-management of the file server permission requests.
3. Failure to report the accesses in the file server area meaningfully.
4. How is the file server area used? What kind of file types that can not be analyzed.
4 Perspectives with Folsec
1. Permission Perspective
2. Folder Request Perspective
3. File Audit Perspective
4. File Type Perspective
1. Permission Perspective
Dashbord: Folsec scans the permissions on the file server periodically to determine who or which group has what type of rights in which folder. (The agent is not installed for scanning) Especially if the group “everyone” is centered on the Permission Perspective Dashboard and the group “everyone”is defined in a folder via Folsec, automatic e-mail can be provided.
Menu> Server perspective (ntfs permission reporter and management)
It is very easy to report and manage permissions after scanning. What can be done in the server perspective area.
1. You can report in which folder who has what kind of right and what is the current status of this folder.
2. You can manage user and group rights. (Adding - Deleting - Editing AD users and groups)
3. A user can be given permission for a specified period of time.
(Give the right to read the folder of \\ finance to Hakan bey at 14:00 today. Remove the permission at 18:00 in the evening. Feedback can be sent by e-mail when the transactions are finished.)
4. You can export or email user rights in the \\ Finance folder.
5. You can get the Inherit report and make changes. You can enable inherit settings of all folders collectively.
6. You can view and change the owner of the folders.
7. While allowing a folder, even if inherit is closed in subfolders, permission changes can be made without breaking existing permissions.
8. You can only give permission management of a folder to one person.
9. You can report all permission changes in a folder to specified users by e-mail.
Menu: User Perspective
You can report and manage what types of permissions a user has in which folders over which server.
1. You can change all rights of a user collectively. You can change the full permissions of ismail bey to read in the \\ finance folder
2. Clone all the rights of Hakan to Mehmet
3. Bring all the rights of Okan to Serhat .
4. Remove all rights of Taylan on the selected server.
5. Export or email the report of all rights of the group “Everyone”.
Menu Event Perspective.
This field is the screen where Folsec permission scan results and changes made using by the folsec panel are analyzed.
1. Which permissions were detected in which folders as a result of system scanning.
2. Top 5 permission owner can be determined after scanning.
3. On the Folsec panel, it is possible to report who made which changes in which folder and when.
Menu Permission Restore.
You can undo permission changes made by users
User Permission Report
(Which user has the most permissions on a server and what type is it? For example: Serhat bey has full rights in 1500 folders)
Schedule Permission Reporter
(Implements permission at the specified time)
Periodical Permission Report
(Removes the expired permission.)